The required Content Management System (CMS) is to be a flexible, adaptable, and user-friendly application that can be deployed in minimum time on as many client sites (we intend to resell the CMS application to our clients and full access to source code and the ability to customize as required). Our preferred CMS will be based on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) platform(s). The Intranet must be highly scalable as well as accommodate the possibility of thousands of concurrent users within a secure environment. The scope of functionality for the CMS is as follows:
- Provides a basic level of content approval for registered users.
- Online help.
- Page caching mechanism to improve performance on busy sites.
- Advertising management (banners, etc).
- Media (images, documents) upload and management.
- Content display scheduling.
- Content syndication (RSS).
- Search engine friendly (SEF) URL's.
- Internationalisation (interface translation).
- Content macro language.
- Advanced and separate system administation system.
- Advanced package/addon/template deployment system.
- Simple but powerful template system (written mostly in HTML, no complex templating syntax to learn, just a couple of PHP functions to include).
- Hierarchical user access groups.
- Basic visitor statistics.
- Multiple WYSIWYG content editor support.
- Ability to integrate and edit FLASH content.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Our preferred CMS will be based on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) platform(s).