Our company conducts construction jobsite inspections and training. We have over 150 builder clients and 400 jobsites. The clients and jobsites are in different divisions, counties, and cities.
We have a form on paper we use to fill in the company name, construction site, division, superintendent, and date. There is then a series questions and check boxes for "yes", "no". We need a signature on the form saying we inspected the site from the site superintendent. The questions are the same for every jobsite. You may already see where I need to go with this.
We would like to use a database and field application for the inspectors. The inspectors will use a PDA to do the inspections.
This is what I need:
1. Application page with dynamic dropdowns to be used on the PDA.
2. The drop down menus will work as follows. The company name is selected from the dropdown menu, then a division is selected from a drop down menu, once the division is selected the next dropdown menu only displays the construction sites for that company in the particular division. Once the construction site drop down is selected it automatically fills in the Superintendents name assigned to that jobsite. The date needs to be filled automatically. Your ideas are welcome to cut cost and time.
3. The inspector name is on the form. A series of questions and checkboxes need to be on the from as well as an area for the superintendent to sign (on the PDA itself).
4. Upload the completed inspections from PDA to database from a (home or office) location to be stored into a database.
5. We can print reports and view the jobsites internally and externally in the database.
7. Database is easily updatable.
8. Database changes are downlaoded to the PDA on each dowload or upload the inspector conducts.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
We have a SBS2k3 Server
We have all PC's running XP Pro
We will need to use PDA's to run the application (OS determined by coider)