Our company currently produces test prep software for the construction industry. We assist contractors with studying for and passing their licensing exam in several different states. We are expanding our product line and would like to use a new enhanced platform for developing and distrbuting our software to end users. Listed below are some of the basic requirements of the new software platform:
1. Ability to import our current questions into the new system.
2. Ability to enter new questions and edit questions over the internet.
3. Ability to add graphic images to questions which require a diagram to answer.
4. Ability to spell check questions.
5. Ability to tag questions so they will automatically be included in different builds of our software for different states. (Example, a question could be tagged for MI, FL ,and AZ so this specific question would be included in all 3 state test prep programs.)
6. Ability to compile software into a single executable that can be immediately made available for distribution.
7. A user friendly front end that is similar to what is used at the testing center.
Insure the software installs in the Windows Program file directory
A Learning Mode which has help functions available and is not timed or graded.
8. A Practice Exam mode which generates a practice exam from the pool of questions with the same number of questions and same amount of time as the exam at the testing center.
We are looking for a company or individual that has a proven track record producing computer based testing software or online testing courses. Based on our research it appears Adobe Captivate and Authorware are 2 of the top programs used in the development of computer based testing programs. If you have experience with these programs, this may be the solution we are looking for.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Software must run on all versions of Windows including Vista.