I need a simple Windows application (Win2000 and above, including Vista) that has common RSS Reader functions (RSS formats [url removed, login to view], 1.x and 2.x) to provide a custom direct-to-desktop communications tool
* Pre-loaded feed categories and ability to add user named categories.
* Pre-loaded with feeds
* Ability to add feed by clicking on feed link
* Pre-loaded with Favorite website links (clickable) with ability for user to add more.
* Resident and runs continuously in system tray displayed as custom icon which is clickable to open reader
* Incoming message would cause window to pop up from system tray? and window would resize depending on message/image in message; a notification sound would play (can toggle off in settings)
* Message in window would be clickable to play multimedia, read article or go to web url. (for instance, a flash video in window would play in window using flash software resident on machine).
* Test message would include headline and excerpt in window
* Poll the RSS feeds at intervals as selected in settings (one setting for all feeds) ??" default 30 minutes
* Should allow for global deletes of articles/alerts with a maximum number of stored articles/alerts of 200
* Help button goes to web url
* Branded with our logo and look
* Be packaged with some sort of installer so people with little experience can install it.
* Your quote should include SLA with one year of level two support.