Development of a Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth Playback Function
I need a programmer for development of a playback function in a MFC music score application under development.
When using a MIDI editor or a score editor (and other music software), and a MIDI file is to be played, then the user
normally can choose between many available instruments and sounds, e.g., piano, flute, etc.
The current state of my score application under development(which will be referred to as "Staves" below) is, that it creates a waw-file (a sinus sound)
and plays it in synchronization with the moving bar in the scores. Staves thus have a very simple playback function, and thus needs to be extended or
replaced by a general playback function for midi.
Of key importance is to understand:
*This project does involve synchronization between graphical elements (the moving bar in the
musical score) and sound playback: the graphical, moving bar should hit the score note in the same moment it starts to sound, and it should move smoothly.
*To be able to carry through this project, you will need to spend time on understanding in detail how Staves work. The comparatively big budget for
this functionality is meant to reflect that. Stave is a simplified musical score program which handles a predefined set of note values and only one
stave for melodies and two for chords, but it is specially designed to handle musical triols (in isolation as well as tied to other notes), which means that it writes and reads a
slightly modified midi-format which contains format information for the purpose of rendering triols. It take two kinds of input: midifiles (standard midi and the slightly modified format)
and a coded input respectively). Stave is meant to become a module in a larger application.
For examples of pre-existing Code for Play Back, please see the attachment.
The Key Features:
* The playback functionality should be able to provide a list of all the available sound in the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth and display them in the present Stave menu to the user.
* When the user choose an instrument from the this list, the playback of a MIDI file will use that instrument/sound module.
* The code has to be based on DirectSound and WinMM as well and the sound source must be Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.
* The present functionality and GUI of the score program shall not be changed, in particular the synchronization between the moving bar in the score and
the music should not be affected, and the GUI must not be changed.
* The preserved synchronization means that the graphical, moving bar must hit each score note in the same moment it starts to sound.
* The moving score bar must move smoothly (as it does now in Staves) and not jump from note to note in the score.
Final product should be:
* Bug free
* End-user ready.
* As part of the provided music score code, and should comply with the given code style.
* Converted to VS2008 if a later version of VS2008 is used.
* Work on XP, Vista and Windows 7.
This project can not be broken down into smaller parts ! A substantial part of the work will be to get familiar with the existing code, and this is
the reason for the comparatively large budget for this functionality.
***REGULAR updates, milestones compliance and deadline maintenance are a MUST
*** We will test the applications with random MIDI-files and Stave codes (of the type that the given application can read obviously), please see attachments,
on random instruments from Windows Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.
The present Stave source code together with a set of MIDI files and Stave codes will be provided for testing, since the current application is developed for
a slightly modified type of MIDI-files.
C++ Programming, Music Experience with MIDI programming DirectSound, WinMM is preferred.
2 freelancers están ofertando el promedio de $450 para este trabajo
Hello. I have experience in MFC over 10 years over. I have seen your requirement, I think that it is possible enough. I have similar program source code. Thank you.