We are looking for a developer to build a custom, lightweight script to import affiliate feeds and publish them on a fast-loading website (up to 1 million products should be loaded daily through cronjobs).
We have an example script that can be modified, but another option is to build a new script from scratch. More examples and documentation is available.
1. Good normalized MySQL database. (for example product attributes in separate table with id|product_id|attribute_name|attribute_value).
2. Indexed text for text searching.
3. PDO prepared statements and parameterized queries to avoid injection.
4. Efficient queries, using LIMIT for pagination etc.
1. Strictly separated from design code, using Smarty templates. Absolutely no html in php code allowed.
2. Use classes and if not possible functions, no code duplication to ensure code maintainability.
3. Use php´s filters to check and validate the parameter values in case of GET or POST.
2. Code maintainability.
Design and HTML
1. Smarty templates ending in .tpl.
2. Re-use code (for example include [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]).