We have the Canon PowerShot SDK (which consists of a bunch of DLLs written in C++ I believe). It is made to be used with C++ or VB6, but not VB.NET. I have scoured the internet and not yet found a VB.NET wrapper that works with all functionality needed. I have attempted to just take my VB6 code and make a DLL out of it but the ViewFinder no longer works (although everything else does). I have a C-Sharp wrapper that I have been using which works "good enough" but is buggy - the camera takes 5 seconds to snap (2-3 with my VB6 app), the white balancing/zoom/etc aren't working, the application randomly closes, etc. I need to be able to give a list of functionalities to a programmer and they can give me a working DLL to accomidate these. So basically I need someone to take the current SDK I have and make it usable (and RELIABLE) with VB.NET. I will also need source code for this so if additional functionality comes up we can add on instead of reinvent the wheel.
1) Complete and fully-functional working DLL(s) as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
3) A software installation package that will install the DLL in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Sample code in VB.NET as to how to use each piece of functionality of the DLL
5) A working sample application to attest to functionality of DLL
I am using VS Studio 2003 (and 2005) so the DLL must work with those versions of VB.NET. I prefer if the DLL was written in C++ since that is what the SDK is and I feel it will be most stable - but if it can be stable written in something else then whatever. I just need it to interface with VB.NET.
I will supply the SDK and can work with the chosen programmer on getting the neccessary camera for development/testing.