Hi. I have a site that works like Twitter. I want to modify it so that it no longer accepts messages by people logged into it. Instead, I want my site to only receive Wordpress articles from other people’s sites whenever those articles are rated by a reader visiting those sites. So, I also need a rating plugin developed that will install into those Wordpress sites, so that when readers click on the rating plugin the plugin sends the article rated from the Wordpress site, across the network, and pops the article into my Twitter-like site. Along with a copy of the article, a copy of the rating that belongs to the article is shown at my site, which will still behave like Twitter, streaming messages down the screen as new ones arrive. My Twitter-like site’s display also requires a few new tabs added to it to provide the ability to sort streams of articles based on rating, age, etc..
So, I need someone who can:
- make a rating plugin and its remote back end code that works similar to [url removed, login to view]’s client-side rating collection and display plugin, server-side rating data storage, cross-domain user authentication, and provides bi-directional data transfer between client-side and server-side (data like ratings, user credentials of person clicking on rating plugin, and ID of rating plugin)…Facebook’s Like plugin client-server and authentication architecture is also a good example
- to pop a client’s article into my base site as described above, add a function that scrapes the client’s Wordpress DOM the first time it is rated, and all future ratings of the same article skip the scraping step and just send the rating data to be updated for the article, which by then is already in my base site’s database and is just popped back into the stream with an updated rating shown
- add tabs to my Twitter-like site that will sort and filter message streams by popularity, age, rating, member ID, etc.
- modify my site so that users can log in to manage the rating plugins they create and install into their WordPress blogs
- people must be able to log into their Wordpress management consoles and find, download, install, and customize the rating plugin, just like [url removed, login to view]’s rating widget implementation is easily done through a Wordpress management console
- to be different from the [url removed, login to view] plugin, between its up and down thumbs, my plugin must also display two colored horizontal bars – one whose length is proportional to up ratings and one whose length is proportional to down ratings
ONLY BID IF YOU HAVE SAMPLES OF COMPLETED WORK THAT DEMOSTRATE THE SKILLS THIS JOB REQUIRES.
A design document will be provided.
- DOM parsing and page scraping
- AJAX XDR
- REST/RESTful architecture
- no inline CSS
- HTML and CSS must pass W3C standards.
- web site must be cross browser compatible