**UPS Shipping Interface Integrated with MS-Access
SEE FULL SPECIFICATION HERE; [url removed, login to view]
Create an UPS (a parcel shipping company) shipping/waybill interface to our MS-Access Accounting/invoice program. The primary task is to produce with UPS compatible shipping labels and data link to UPS, as opposed to creating labels using UPS web site.
Helpful if familiar with UPS online tools, but this is not to make our web site ups compatible. The goal would be to create a VBasic module that I can integrate in our Access database program. Our host computer running the access computer has a direct connection to the Internet through which connection to the UPS can be made.
General UPS solutions information can be found at;
<[url removed, login to view]>
Specifically, the XML tools may be the best solution in our case. I am not dictating that XML be used. You may use any method that works. XML interface can be found at;
<[url removed, login to view]>
Our sample MS-Access database will have a form that has shipping from address, shipping to address, package weight and size, we need to add command buttons that will;
1. Calculate shipping costs using various UPS shipping services (report on access form), Given the following: from county & zip code, to country & zip code, & weight.
2. Perform UPS address verification, given an address (report on access form)
3. Create an UPS compliant shipping label (via an access report), given the following;ship from address,ship to address
Note we have barcode fonts available, so a placeholder is all that is needed. i.e. No barcode generation code is required for this project, as I can integrate the fonts ).
4. Prepares and transmits electronic shipment data file, each time or end of day batch depending on what UPS requires.
5. Provides UPS package-tracking capabilities. Given tracking number, provide package status and history (Reporting on report, same info that you get by using [url removed, login to view] web site)
6. Maintains an archive of UPS activity, all packages that had a label reported. I.E. All transactions will be maintained in an access table.
My estimate is that 80% of the work will be understanding how, the method, (xml one possible solution) and what (the format/protocol) to communicate to the UPS servers. 10% how to use method you choose in Visual basic, 10% visual basic/Access integration.
A block diagram or transaction diagram will be required after the bid is selection but before coding is started. Besides this being just good design & increasing success rate of the project, I will have to maintain your code once completed and this will be part of the documentation. In addition, your code should be reasonably commented.
All access and visual basic code is to follow Leszynski Naming Conventions (LNC) for Microsoft Access. I can send you the prefixes before the project starts, if you don't have them.
Upon a successful job, additional work request will be for Fed-Ex, Airborne Express, USPS integration. We also have about 5 other software projects that will be required in the next 6 months.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s), a visual basic routine that will operate in MS_acess sample database that will be supplied by us.. Complete source code of all work done.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
win 2k, using MS access, & Visual basic