We’re an innovative news marketing team within one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. We impact how millions of people experience and engage with our digital news products. We are driven to evolve and improve the user experience, help new users discover our products, and develop a long-term relationship with our audience.
The marketing department is hiring a full-time freelance developer to build, improve, and de-bug a variety of digital initiatives. The position, based in New York City, will have you working closely with developers and technologists across departments and locations.
This is a challenging role; we expect you to be focused and do your best work. You will grow, your skills will sharpen, and you will do impactful work with measurable results.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
You must be proficient in the primary web development tools and technologies necessary for the role. You should also be actively learning more about web development as whole to improve your skills and ability to solve real business needs.
Below are your primary areas of responsibility:
1. ExactTarget: create personalized email journeys that deliver exceptional experiences.
2. Front-End Development: build new experiences, improve existing ones, and de-bug issues.
3. Back-End Development: connect Front-End UI’s and ExactTarget to relevant databases.
4. Innovation: support the development and implementation of new technologies.
WHAT WE EXPECT
• Do what’s best for the end user.
• Challenge our ideas. We’d rather get the best result than be right.
• Be a problem solver. Use your network, forums, & Google to find solutions.
• Be agile. Release early, get feedback, and make progress.
• Accurate development time quotes.
• When releasing a feature, bug test it before sharing with the marketing team.
• Clear communication, including status and issue reporting.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
• Fair and timely compensation
• Clear requirements for each project
• Responsive communication
• A modern office with access to any tool you will need
• A collaborative and challenging work environment
• Long-term development opportunities
Digital Marketing Technology
We use ExactTarget, a powerful digital marketing platform that leverages inputs from several customer systems to connect with our users. Experience with ExactTarget would be great, but at a minimum you must demonstrate the problem solving skills necessary to learn and operate its feature set. This will include Journey Builder, Audience Builder, Triggered Sends, Data Extensions, A/B testing, along with building APIs that link with various front-end UI's and back-end databases.
To manage the interchange between front-end experiences and back-end databases, you’ll need strong database management system and language experience (SQL, MySQL, MongoDB). To build applications, you’ll also need to know server-side languages such as PHP, Ruby, and Python. You’ll also need to regularly use version control systems (Git, GitHub, CVS) and back-end unit testing.
You must be willing and able to work out of our New York City office.
Please submit your application here: [url removed, login to view]
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
25 freelancers están ofertando el promedio de $5694 para este trabajo
Hi, Mark here, I would be interested in discussing this project with you. Thanks for the consideration, I hope to hear from you soon Thanks, Mark