Client need an RDS environment to run Office 365 ProPlus. The client has Access databases that need to be run in the cloud. Microsoft Access Application front end will sit on RDS server and connect to an SQL server hosted in the same data centre. The deployment does NOT need to be the full high availability set-up and a single VM is all that is required. No data other than the MS Access Front end files and local OneDrive files will be saved to the VM. VM must be a dedicated machine and persistent.
1. Use Microsoft Data centre Australia East (Sydney)
2. Provision new Windows 2016 server in Azure with Static IP address. Premium storage NOT required
3. This VM is to be a dedicated machine not pooled
4. Configure Active Directory and Remote Desktop Services
5. Created new DNS record for customers public domain and assist with the purchase of a SSL certificate
6. Need to be able to use the clients domain name for user logins e.g. user@[url removed, login to view]
7. Install Office 365 Pro Plus as shared activation for Terminal Services
8. Create 6 user accounts and setup mapping to Azure File share, printing and SQL ODBC connection
1. Stepping through the user experience, would it look like
a. User clicks on RDS Client on their desktop - Access the portal through Web access – when they click on the app it downloads a RDP config file which they can be used as a shortcut
b. User enter credentials e.g. user – user@[url removed, login to view] PW – abcd1234 this is to access the VM.
c. User is presented with the RemoteApp desktop which includes all office apps e.g. Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc and pfd reader, paint etc – through RDG Web Portal
d. User opens file/windows explorer and they will see map drives to Azure file share, OneDrive and local drives on from their desktop – need to spec the server storage to accommodate OneDrive local (VM)file storage. Storage accounts already exist. Would just need to map them.
e. User opens App folder located in their dedicated folder located on VM persistent drive. This folder has short cuts to MS Access application fronts ends stored in a hidden folder.
f. MS Access applications can connect to Azure SQL server via ODBC driver (13). Azure SQL server Security is at application level i.e. application has login credentials.
g. User can print to local printers and copy and paste between remote and local desktop – printer drivers need to be installed on the RDS server
20 los freelancers están ofertando un promedio de $452 para este trabajo.
Hello I can do this job for you. You can check my profile for similar projects. Relevant Skills and Experience Everything in my profile. Proposed Milestones $444 AUD - RDS configuration Can We chat about details?
As per project details, we can deliver a solution in weeks time. Relevant Skills and Experience We have successfully deployed project for reputed customers. Proposed Milestones $555 AUD - Remote Desktop Service